The Gran Trail Courmayeur opens the trail’s season at the foot of Mont Blanc
On July 13th and 14th, runners will travel some of the most spectacular panoramic viewpoints of Courmayeur and its valleys. There will be 3 races: 30 km, 55 km and 105 km.
The routes extend through the pathways of the territory of Courmayeur, Pré-Saint-Didier and La Thuile, mainly along the Val Veny and Val Ferret, in order to reach the total length of about 105 km and the elevation gain of 7000 meters. The start and the finish are situated at the Forum Sport Center. The trail will pass through the centre of Courmayeur, where runners of the shortest race will cross the finish line. The course is considered very technical, since the elevation gain is considerable. However, the pathways do not present any specific difficulties. The transition to paved road is reduced to the minimum, that is why the course will need to cross public roads just near the centre of the village.
- 30 km
- 55 km
- 105 km
Points of special interest
- New Orrido of Pré-Saint-Didier’s path with its panoramic balcony
- Long crosspiece between Colle of Youlaz and Col Chavanne
- Descent from Col de la Seigne towards Refuge Elisabetta and Combal Lake, passing through Colle delle Pyramides Calcaires
- A passage under Mont Chetif’s summit from Pré de Pascal, equipped and panoramic section above Courmayeur
- Balcony section from Val Ferret between Refuge Bertone and Refuge Bonatti
- Panoramic path on Courmayeur from La Suche